Husband, Husband’s mother (GiGi), Blue and I went to the beach. It was Blue’s first time and the results are as follows:
- Blue loved, I mean LOVED, the sand. It fascinated him. All things he discovered in it fascinated him, like grass, old bottle tops, and cigarette butts. Public service announcement: If you smoke on the beach, please, for the love of God, trash your butts somewhere other than NATURE where others will be.
- He tolerated the ocean. He didn’t like water crashing into his face for some reason. He did, however, like the calmer water where he could splash at it at his leisure, which by the way, is adorable.
- Pools are the way to go with little Blue, especially if they have a “beach style entrance” and fountainy things in the super shallow part.
- It is very, very hard to keep a napping schedule on vacation.
- To my and Husband’s surprise, it is very hard to find a covered floating device for small children in large, beach souvenir shops. (Husband finally found one at Target…Wierd, right?!)
- I love the privacy and cooking situation in condos.
- I love the Publix grocery store.
- Don’t forget to bring/buy salt and pepper and cooking spray when getting food for the length of your stay.
- While succeeding in making small spaces look larger, mirrored walls also make me self-conscious and prevent me from living in my state of self-image denial.
- I love beach sunsets.
- I love beach breezes.
- I love the smell of saltwater in the air.
- I loved pulling out a shirt to wear this morning and it still smelled like a beach breeze.
- I love the feel of the sun on my shoulders.
- I use the word “love” a lot.
- I look hot in sunhats. Also, the sunhat was a good idea because when Blue wouldn’t wear his sunhat, I could remove mine a create a semblance of shade.
- One-legged seagulls warm the cockles of my heart.
- If you wear glasses, invest in a pair of prescription sunglasses. They saved my bacon! (You can get cheap ones from Zenni Optical’s website. Like $20ish)
- Fresh seafood is so much better than any other seafood on the planet. So. Much. Better.
Wow, there are more bullets than I thought there would be. I guess I had more things to say than I thought. It was such a good time, and I’m so thankful for Husband and GiGi being so awesome and helpful with Blue. Great company! Great trip!
I’ll end with a photo display of our trip.